A 3D as-built model can easily be integrated into a clients’ system, providing up to date data.
Using a laser scan as a basis, 3D CAD models can be created in a variety of output formats and to the level of detail as specified by our client. These models can be used throughout the design process, for clash checking or as a basis for an asset management system.
Non-intelligent (containing shapes only) or intelligent models (with hyperlinked information of each object) can be produced for any type of asset.
The creation of 3D CAD models is especially useful for our clients who do not have laser scan compatible software or for those who need an ‘intelligent’ model to be created from the as-built data.
The benefits of a Scopus produced 3D CAD model are:
- Save time and cost in the design phase by having as-built data
- Eliminates the need for site visits
- Multiple users and disciplines can design and review in parallel, as well as in multiple locations
- Increased management and control of cost, risk and change
- Allows clash checking which eliminates any re-work and clashes and allows cost accelerations throughout the project
- Efficient maintenance and integrity activities through planning using as-built data
- No need for laser scanning software, client can chose required format
- Intelligent models can contain a variety of information, depending on clients’ needs