Owned by ZADCO, Upper Zakum is the second largest offshore oilfield and fourth largest oilfield in the world. Production capacity at the field is set to increase to 750,000 bpd following the completion of the UZ750 Project. Phase two of the UZ750 project includes a 172 structures being delivered at site, utilising Scopus’ modular build and single weld hook up (SWHU) philosophy.
- Scopus undertook Dimensional Control surveys and build control for the project across multiple yards, located in Abu Dhabi, Oman, Italy, Korea, Singapore, Indonesia and China.
- Scopus constructed modular surveys in 3D to ensure “first time fit” when brought to site.
- Critical interface points adjusted and fitted to best-fit prior to leaving fabrication yard.
- Pipework and interface points fixed in place for transit to ensure “first time fit” on site
Benefits delivered by Scopus:
- First-time-fit of modular builds at site.
- Allows construction to be undertaken across multiple global sites with assurance on hook-up.
- Faster hook-up of the structures, reducing construction cost and time.
- Reduced build schedule and associated costs